An update on patches and technical discussion about GNUstep GUI

From: ivan
Subject: An update on patches and technical discussion about GNUstep GUI
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 15:20:12 -0000

Hi all,

If you wish to discuss an issue or, even better, contribute a patch to
gnustep-gui or gnustep-back, please consider doing so on gnustep-dev@ mailing
list. Unless another committer notices your patch, it might go unnoticed.

Long term readers of this mailing list will know why a person interested mainly
in technical discussions might choose not to follow discuss-gnustep@. For the
time being, I have elected not to follow this list.

Therefore:
- if you have a technical discussion and believe it would be useful for others
to see it, please bring it over to gnustep-dev@.
- if you have a potential bug report or a patch, please bring it over to
gnustep-dev@ (you may be asked to file the bug report on Savannah, or whichever
tool we opt to use at a particular point in time)
- if you are interested in discussing philosophy behind the project or have
questions or suggestions that are not strictly development-related, please use
discuss-gnustep@ for that
- if you are in need of assistance, please use the (more active)
discuss-gnustep@ or the (less active but more specific) help-gnustep@, which I
happen to follow.

Please do not consider this email an invitation for discussion on whether this
is an appropriate division of roles for mailing lists. This is an informative
email on whether your patch and issue report for -gui and -back will be seen.

If you wish to reply to me on the list, there is no need; there is a very low
chance I will either see the reply or wish to continue the discussion.

Thanks.