Re: HiDPI in Terminal.app

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: HiDPI in Terminal.app
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 11:53:27 +0200

Hi Steven,

On 07/20/17 07:39, Fred Kiefer wrote:
Thank you for your patch. I am sure it works but it does not address the
underlying issue. The real problem is that DPSshow ignores the current
transformation of the window and sets a mirrored identity matrix as the
transformation. This works well in some cases but is clearly wrong. We should
move ll application code away from this out dated interface. And I will have to
find a way to fix the behaviour, while keeping at least some of the differences
that DPSshow has to the regular text display code, e.g. not respecting any
rotations.

I have seen that Fred has commited a fix to the GNUstep backend. Might you want to check if it helps your issue?

In the meanwhile I am working with him on a more extended Terminal engine update, but that is a little more complex and will take some more time. I will make the changes public as soon as I make a release of the existing Terminal, just for safety, as discussed on in this thread before.

Riccardo