Re: Debugging GNUMail.app

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Debugging GNUMail.app
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 23:50:40 +0100

On 2017-12-26 23:09:29 +0100 Daniel Santos <daniel.dlds@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to debug a situation in GNUMail.app, How do I turn on generation of debug symbols and turn off compiler optimizations ? I am currently using the following line at the end of the main GNUmakefile :

        ADDITIONAL_OBJCFLAGS += -g -O0

But not sure the optimisations are really off.

The most important thing is debug symbols.
make debug=yes

is the general way for all gnustep makefiles, if the specific makefile doesn't override things, GNUMail shouldn't.

Remember to "make clean", you want to build everything that way.
Also, remember to rebuild and install Pantomime the same way, if you need to debug internal stuff like address encodings, connections and such things.

I'm getting mad that apparently GNUMail decides to "save" and "send off" empty messages once in a while... I think I replied to you with an empty message! Actually, I was seeing it perfectly on the screen. I have not yet identified what causes this, since of course all tests I do go fine...

Riccardo