Re: Moving messages in GNUMail

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Moving messages in GNUMail
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 10:28:19 +0100

Hi Svetlana,

On 2017-12-29 20:51:27 +0100 Svetlana Tkachenko <svetlana@members.fsf.org> wrote:

Dear All,

I've reported two bugs, but there is no response - perhaps the right people aren't subscribed to the bug tracker of GNUMail...? Here they are:

bug #52739: GNUMail does not have a 'move message to folder...' button
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?52739

bug #52738: Resets search view after message drag-and-drop
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?52738

I fear the issue is who the "right people" are. Apparently, the only one working on GNUMail lately is me.

Also I do not believe these are "bugs" just different expected behaviour or even feature requests. If you find moving messages by drag&drop cumbersome (and I admit the target selection is, especially on GNUstep, but I do not know what the issue is and I think it is partly GNUstep's fault) just use the context menu on a message, a simple right click, and a menu with the action appears with move options. This is quite similar to what other Mailers do. I also used the Holiday season to code new actions in said Menu. Since they work fine on Mac but have glitches on GNUstep, I did not advertise them yet.

Furthermore, it is Holiday season for most of the Christian part of the World and also others usually enjoy the Christmas derived season... so even if there were other developers working avidly, I bet they would busy.

Just in the case, you may check for a "Christmas commit" on GNUMail :)

Lately I did a lot of code cleanup and imporvoed certain Charset encoding issues which might help some obscure bugs you were experiencing, at least, they did for me.

Riccardo