Re: GNUstep and valgrind

From: amon
Subject: Re: GNUstep and valgrind
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 01:22:38 -0500

Andreas Fink:

Not so easy, for several reasons. It's not at all that straight
forward to upgrade the kernel on the units we are using. I've
got a guy working on it, but no results yet. Might have
something by the end of April if I'm lucky.

There is also the issue that we have several years of test
experience on the particular configuration. That is not a
reason why we would not change, just a reason why we would
stop and think really hard about it first.

It is not at all unusual for aerospace configurations to be
many years behind what most people think is current... in fact
the units we will be using for bench test might end up being
'too new' to pass muster when we got to a later phase. we're
only using them because that's all we can afford in an entirely
self-funded mode of operations.

For the moment I don't want to change too many variables at
once. I just want to kill the issue I have in which the
memory gets used up over a period of a week or so.

|   Dale Amon                  Immortal Data                    |
|   CEO             Midland International Air and Space Port    |
| amon@vnl.com       "Data Systems for Deep Space and Time"     |