Re: Windows Project center not working

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Windows Project center not working
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 10:52:35 +0200

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Fink wrote:
Hello all,

Today I tried to download gnustep for windows to see if it makes sense to port
my MacOS / Gnustep Linux app to Windows as well.
However I failed at ProjectCenter which simply throws a Windows C++ runtime
library error without saying much.

Sorry to hear that. Did you isntall whole system+core+devel?
Does Gorm, the only other binary  supplied, work?

This is on a Windows 10 installation with no other developer tools installed
(not sure if the referenced runtime is even installed)

Is this a version mismatch? Anyone have a hint what to look for?

If you are looking here:

http://www.gnustep.org/windows/installer.html

and ProjectCenter and Gorm files have the -35 suffix, then they should be matched and work.

Theroetically you should be able to build them yourself, I would start with a smaller app to see if your environment is complete.

I really would like to update our windows packages, but I had lots of issues and it was done previously only by Adam and I wasn't able to understand how to update the components I needed and reissue the packages. I would have loved to do a prorgressive update, it is very tricky, but failed up to now.

Let's try to get you going: I can assure you that on an "updated" older environment I have here, ProjectCenter starts up on windows.

Riccardo