Re: GNUMail over POP3

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUMail over POP3
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 16:28:27 +0200

Hi,

Svetlana Tkachenko wrote:
Riccardo Mottola<riccardo.mottola@libero.it>  wrote:
Svetlana Tkachenko wrote:
GNUMail is set to download messages from server over POP3 and remove them
immediately. However a lot of messages are not removed still.  How do I
troubleshoot this?
have you tried to issue a "compact" to the mailbox?
Thank you for your suggestion. What does compacting do? Does it not result into
GNUMail compressing the files in which the messages are stored?

as far as I understand it will issue the delete command it the messages are not to be left on server, otherwise it checks the age of messages.
If that works for you, you can expunge on exit, there is an option for that.

Riccardo