Re: Crash on app start due to icon

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Crash on app start due to icon
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 17:56:22 +0200

Hi,

On 08/06/18 15:19, Wolfgang Lux wrote:

Ah, okay. I keep forgetting that you like using some ancient hardware (no
offense intended: I still have a 15+ years old PowerBook sitting on my desktop
and it's nice being able to power it up with no hassles when I need it,
although that's not very often nowadays). :-)

Well.. I have a mix of various machines.. and the vintage ThinkPads are still quite capable and have nicer keybards and handling than newer ones!
I will try my best to test on more systems, including OpenBSD 32bit and 64bit
before holidays and report back!

I just tested Ubuntu on Linux/x86 on the other ThinkPad 43 I have and it is fixed.
I also tested on OpenBSD/amd64 and it (continues) to work.

Of course it retains the "behaviour" of the grey Icon until launch completes. Interestingly, on Ubuntu I can actually dock an app and it will retain the icon, on OpenBSD instead it WindowMaker will revert to generic.

I wonder however now if the patch is corect, since Gregory changed
initialization order. I also wonder more about the behaviour we are having:

- app starts I see a grey icon bouncing in the WM dock
. once completed, the icon appears
Is that a regression before Greg made his change or did you observe that issue
before as well?

If I am not mistaken, it is not a regression, it is just something I noticed (again) while looking at this. Does it happen for you? Some apps start quick so you don't notice, but on a slower/loaded machine it is clear.

Riccardo