Re: Screenhot application in GNUStep

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Screenhot application in GNUStep
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 09:17:15 +0200

Hi,

On 08/22/18 15:41, edwin ancaer wrote:
Hello,

I have 2 small, practical questions

1. I saw that  in the services menu of GNUMail, I could create tasks inSimpleAgenda. I seem to have some issues here, and I would like to add some   screenshots to my questions. I could use ImageMagick, but that seems a little to complicated to just take a screenshot, so I was wondering if some GNUStep app exists to take screenshots, like start the app, draw a rectangle and push OK to take the screenshot (like the snipping tool in Wondows, eg.)

Unfortunately, not that I know of. If you have scrot, use that... or you can also use GIMP.

2. I started GNUMail from the WindowMaker dock. Where is the logging going in this case?

standard output, in my case this is on the console where you started X, not very convenient.

The best is to start from a terminal so that you can read it. openapp GNUMail or just GNUMail should be sufficient if starting from the dork works for you.

Riccardo