Re: Expected behavior when clicking on a title bar?

From: edwin ancaer
Subject: Re: Expected behavior when clicking on a title bar?
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 05:13:56 +0200

On 2018-08-25 19:31:43 +0200 Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> edwin ancaer wrote:
>> Let's blame  GNUMail for unexpectedly sending the previous message. As I
>> said, I replaced the mouse,and now everything is working fine: clicking
>> and double clicking the title bar, using the scroll wheel... it  all work
>> as you
>
> I supposed so - there were issues with the mouse buttons event, since
> the two things: drag and roll up are distinct events tied to distinct
> buttons.
>

>> Only remaining problem are the unnecessary artefact of the redrawing of the
>> windows as it i scrolling up
>>                      I can imagine there are more urgent problems t
>
> Not totally urgent indeed .... Can you explain better what is happening?
> Especially, where are the artifacts:
> 1) in "any" background window when you roll-up?
>   1.a) or only in gnustep-drawn background windows? e.g. with GWorkspace
> running and desktop enabled? In case you have the desktop (which is in
> fact an enourmous windows, try disabling it)
>   1.b) any app, e.g. xterm, firefox, ?
>   1.c) also plain windowmaker background
>
> 2) in the "roll-down" window reopening and not drawing correctly? just
> gnustep or all apps?
>
> Just to try to understand if it is GNUstep specific or if it happens
> also with other apps ? In the first case it is strange but would be our
> fault (possibly backend) in the latter case, it is an issue with
> windowmaker or even X11 and its video driver.
>

> Riccardo

Hello,

sorry it took so long to answer, but it was time for some holidays, and the
laptop is not coming with us.

As I see things, I only have problems when 2 windows from a GNUStep application
overlap, with and without GWorkspace. I find no issues with non-GNUStep
applications, or when one of the applications is not a GNUStep application.

It looks as though parts of the window that are redrawn during the scrolling up
remain on the screen. I attached a photograph I took from the screen, because
the problem does not show up when I take a screenshot.

<Before_Scrolling.jpeg>
<After_Scrolling.jpeg>

(and another remark onGNUStep: attaching a file seems not to be working
completely: it is just including the file in the mail)

There is no error scrolling down. The process is a bit 'flickery' but the
result is correct.

Of course, if I'm the only one to notice this, it might also be something with
my installation of GNUStep.

For FreeBSD, I have the following version (uname -a)

    FreeBSD ottopedi 11.1-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p1 #0: Wed Aug  9
11:17:49 UTC 2017
root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

For GNUstep, following versions are installed:

    libgnustep-base.so.1.25.0
    libgnustep-gui.so.0.25.1
    libgnustep-back-025.bundle