Re: Foundation import file not found

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: Foundation import file not found
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 15:52:43 +0200

Hi Peter,

I am currently discovering the ways of building stuff with GNUstep as well. ;)

The most important thing to start correctly is to make sure to have all compiler/linker flags and environment variables set. The easiest way to do this is to source (not execute) the corresponding GNUstep.sh file, which might work as this using Ubuntu:

. /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

You might even want to add execute this to add the line above to your bashrc:

echo ". /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh" >> ~/.bashrc

For a reference on how to build a simple Objective C app by either using the command or a make file you might look at this demo from Patryk Laurent:

https://github.com/plaurent/gnustep-build/blob/master/demo.sh#L134

Of course there clang is used so handling might differ a little bit when using gcc. But in general I think gnustep-config should output the correct flags when set up with gcc.

Hope that helps,
Johannes