Re: Package building

From: Sergii Stoian
Subject: Re: Package building
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 00:33:43 +0200

Hi,

On Nov 23, 2019, at 16:25, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
> Hi Sergii,
>

> On 11/19/19 12:39 AM, Sergii Stoian wrote:
>> Some patches already went upstream, some others not yet. It’s planned
>> anyway. I use ART backend and it stopped working after 0.25.0 release. I
>> need to fix ART first before I can return to master branch...
>

> it is a lttle off-topic, but the ART backend still works for me. I now use it
> only on two setups, dropping either to xlib or going standard cairo where it
> does work. Although on one little system ART is the only one which actually
> draws fonts :-P

Hmm… Interesting...

> I havent tried in the last weeks/months, but the last release worked. Of
> course, it has all specific "issues" of art which where never solved. But it
> is faster for certain operations and curves and anti-aliasing are exquisite.
> Using Graphos on art is a delight.

What do you mean by “worked”? I observed incomplete words in menus and popup
buttons. Incorrect alignment of items in popup buttons - I suppose it’s due to
incorrect lengthOfString results. Also I suppose I’ve found cause of a problem
- NSStringDrawing caching methods rewrite by Fred. But I can’t understand what
changes must be applied to ART backend to adopt new caching algorithm.

> Riccardo

Sergii