Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 16:03:26 +0000

On 25 Nov 2019, at 15:08, Yavor Doganov <yavor@gnu.org> wrote:

> David Chisnall wrote:
>> On 25 Nov 2019, at 13:37, Yavor Doganov <yavor@gnu.org> wrote:
>>> RISC-V is the newest GNU/Linux architecture and it's not yet
>>> supported by Clang.
>>
>> Yavor, I appreciate that this is an emotional topic for you, but
>> please can you try to confine yourself to the truth?
>
> The truth is that none of the llvm-toolchain-* packages ever built on
> Debian's ricv64 autobuilders.  Not even once.  Which means that if we
> are going to build GNUstep with Clang in Debian, it won't be available
> on riscv64.
>
> This is likely to be fixed in the near future but I'm talking about
> the reality now.

The truth is that RISC-V is a supported architecture for LLVM and is capable of
self hosting.

If Debian is unable to build the LLVM packages (which, on Debian, are built
with GCC) then that says a lot more about Debian and GCC than it does about
LLVM.  Saying that Debian is unable to build LLVM packages on RISC-V is very
different from saying that RISC-V is not supported by LLVM and intentionally
conflating the two is misleading.

Since I started writing this, I have read the next mail from you in this thread
and I would strongly suggest that you take a little break from the computer and
come back when you can manage to engage in the discussion without being
offensive.

David