Re: Improving GNUstep tooling with Clang

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: Improving GNUstep tooling with Clang
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 22:06:29 +0100

On 28.11.19 17:15, Frederik Seiffert wrote:
> - Set up CI testing for the 2.0 runtime version, which currently doesn’t seem
> to be tested with libs-base.
> I have submitted a pull request for this
> (https://github.com/gnustep/libs-base/pull/88).

Unfortunately, when I tried to integrate that into my libdispatch stuff,
I discovered that this doesn't actually test the 2.0 runtime. The CI
script is still using a Ubuntu 14.04 builder, which ships with a clang
version that is too old to know about the 2.0 runtime version
(defaulting to something else, presumably). Once run under 18.04 (baby
steps…), with clang 7, we're getting failures in the configure script
because the new objc_init struct references non-existent sections in the
binary (those conftest things don't declare any classes and such).

Upgrading to clang 9 fixes that, but now I'm seeing a load of test
failures that I haven't had the time to investigate further:

https://travis-ci.org/gnustep/libs-base/builds/618352009

Cheers,

Niels