Hint towards solution? Re: ProjectCenter running or building

From: Patryk Laurent
Subject: Hint towards solution? Re: ProjectCenter running or building
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 18:18:04 -0000

Hi Johannes,

Possibly some good news below...

On January 30, 2020 at 11:29 PM, Johannes Brakensiek <johannes@brakensiek.info> wrote:

Hi Patryk,

On 31 Jan 2020, at 6:44, Patryk Laurent wrote:

I’ve not yet come to the point to figure out why the bundle path might be set incorrect.

I’ve currently got problems debugging + (NSBundle *) bundleForClass: (Class)aClass using gdb because this method gets called too often. I’ll try to insert logging of some debugging output and recompile maybe.

Thanks for helping here - maybe anyone has a good idea regarding the cause of the issue?
Johannes

Ok, armed with this knowledge, I was able to get ProjectCenter to "work" by doing 2 things:

(1)  In ProjectCenter's build directory, before make install, copy Framework into ./ProjectCenter.app/
cd apps-projectcenter
make
cp Framework ./ProjectCenter.app/
make install

(2) Then in libs-base, alter Source/NSBundle.m by adding the following two lines (lines 2103 and 2104):
2100 primary = [rootPath stringByAppendingPathComponent: @"Resources"];
2101 contents = bundle_directory_readable(primary);
2102 addBundlePath(array, contents, primary, subPath, nil);
2103 addBundlePath(array, contents, [rootPath stringByAppendingPathComponent: @"Framework"], subPath, nil);
2104 addBundlePath(array, contents, [[rootPath stringByAppendingPathComponent: @"Framework"] stringByAppendingPathComponent: @"English.lproj"], subPath, nil);

Then make and make install libs-base.

Now openapp ProjectCenter.app, and the app is able to load the LogPanel and present it as necessary, etc.

What does this all mean, and why does this help things work?  I don't know, but I would like to know, as well as the "right" way to fix it.

Best,
Patryk