Re: plmerge core dumps...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: plmerge core dumps...
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 23:15:56 +0100

Hi!

On 13/02/2020 10:44, Andreas Fink wrote:
This is not a problem of gnustep but of objectiveC.
Yes its a pain that the standard linker doesnt work. But it is what it is. until someone fixes the standard linker we can't do much. This is mainly given by the fact that modern ObjC support in gcc is still missing. clang does much better here but there where still some bugs in clang before version 8 which can get you into trouble.

So golden rule is clang >= 8.0 and linker = ld.gold and it will work.

this is very strange, since I on OpenBSD with clang 8, I had to force bfd to get something usable! Just the opposite...

LDFLAGS=-fuse-ld=bfd

Riccardo