Re: GNUstep app fails on Ubuntu 16

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep app fails on Ubuntu 16
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 21:26:04 +0200

Hi Andreas!

a bit unsure about the code you cite and where it comes from.

However, I checked... and my only Ubuntu machine is my beloved ThinkPad T43 (they don't do laptops as they used to anymore, right?) which happens to run Xenial 16 like you.

I updated and recompiled all core to git master. Then updated ProjectCenter, GWorkspace.. no issues I can open GWorkspace which is full of list views tables, etc etc, no issues, no warnings like you.

I don't see any of your errors in console and I do use your setup (standard system gcc compiler) and cairo backend.

So things should work for you too, right? except "your app"? then we have at least confined the problem.

Riccardo

Andreas Höschler wrote:
The related code is

         NSTabViewItem *tabViewItem = [[NSTabViewItem alloc] initWithIdentifier:identifier];
         [someTabView addTabViewItem:tabViewItem];
         [tabViewItem release];

Hmmgh! It seems that NSTabView calculates some unhealthy frame here. Can anybody with insights see whether this is related to the rest of the error chain?