Re: Windows HTTPS Issue

From: danieljboyd
Subject: Re: Windows HTTPS Issue
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 19:22:06 -0500

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 11:31:07PM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> danieljboyd@icloud.com wrote:
> > In Windows, I'm using the stock version from the gnustep.org windows
> > installers, on Windows 10 v1909. So I'm on MSYS1/MINGW...
> >
> > I don't really want a super custom environment because I'd rather not
> > complicate deploying to other computers in the future.
> >
> > On Linux, I've tried two different setups: one is on the same computer
> > WSL+Debian 10. And I also have a laptop running Ubuntu 20.04. Works on
> > both of those.
> >
> > Thanks for the help! :)
>
> The current stock installers are a bit old but a better compromise, but
> I don't remember the SSL/TLS version the have and support.
>
> Could you check it is not a TLS version issue (1.1, 1.2....) there were
> testpoints to use to test..
>
> Riccardo

Good call:

$ openssl version
OpenSSL 0.9.8q 2 Dec 2010

$ openssl s_client -connect google.com:443 -tls1_2
unknown option -tls1_2

I also found an article on Microsoft's site about them deprecating TLS
1.1 in January. So... what are the chances that I'll break a bunch of
stuff if I try and compile a current version of OpenSSL on top of all of
that ancient MSYS environment...?

Maybe try and find the earliest version of openssl with TLS 1.2 support
and try that haha?