Re: [gnustep/libs-gui] * Source/NSWindow.m (-makeFirstResponder, -sendEv

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: [gnustep/libs-gui] * Source/NSWindow.m (-makeFirstResponder, -sendEvent:): Correct (be12d7b)
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 13:33:14 +0200

Hi Fred,

On 15 May 2020, at 9:30, Fred Kiefer wrote:

Here we don’t follow this principle and this is dangerous as a view we call this method on may not be as clean as the GNUstep code itself. Patches are welcome :-)

And why did I write that I „mostly“ agree? I would not follow this advice when the value is completely in our control.

thank you for your explanation! Just a further question: Would it be safe to just do if([v acceptsFirstMouse: theEvent]) or would that make things worse?

Johannes