Re: HelpViewer 0.3 : error while linking

From: Patrick Cardona
Subject: Re: HelpViewer 0.3 : error while linking
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 14:24:24 +0200

Hi Riccardo,

On 2020-06-26 11:43:31 +0200 Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it>
wrote:

> Hi Patrick

> Patrick Cardona wrote:
>> Hi again, Riccardo,

>> I did not find any path to a supplied tarball nor I could checkout the svn
>> repository...
>> This command failed :

>> svn co http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gap/trunk/

>> Maybe a different path to get the source code ? Maybe it is not supplied for
>> anonymous access ?

> Yes that is the path with the "view" . It is not like on github where the
> path is the same.

> Instructions are here:
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/svn/?group=gap

> but if you just need a checkout of the main trunk, no branches.. it should be
> as simple as:

> |svn co svn://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/gap/trunk gap

I was able to get the sources from the above URI. Thanks.

> or if you have a firewall or such use the slower https:
> ||svn co https://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/gap/trunk gap

> I hope that helps!

> PS: yesterday I finished off most warning fixes and code cleanup. So it
> should build now fine, no patches needed.
> But I bet you still get the same error, since I get it on one computer (but
> not the other). Will now test more.

I tried today a whole make at the root of the freshly downloaded gap folder :

1) I am missing some dependencies :

 Creating DataBasinKit.framework/Versions/1.1/Resources...
 Updating Version/Current symlink...
Making all for framework DataBasinKit...
 Compiling file DBSoap.m ...
In file included from DBSoap.m:28:
./DBSoap.h:27:9: fatal error: 'WebServices/WebServices.h' file not found
#import <WebServices/WebServices.h>

Are the WebServices a part from WebKit ? I searched form deb libs, but did not
find it.

2) I tried then a single app : Cynthiune, and I got the same error I already
put on the list :

Making all in Bundles/ALSA ...
Making all for bundle ALSA...
 Creating ALSA.output/....
 Compiling file ALSA.m ...
 Linking bundle ALSA ...
/usr/bin/ld.gold : erreur : le symbole __malloc_initialize_hook a une version
GLIBC_2.4 indéfinie
make[4]: *** [/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/Instance/bundle.make:205:
ALSA.output/./ALSA] Error 1
make[3]: *** [/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/Instance/bundle.make:193:
internal-bundle-run-compile-submake] Error 2
make[2]: *** [/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/Master/rules.make:297:
ALSA.all.bundle.variables] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/Master/bundle.make:37:
internal-all] Error 2
make: ***
[/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/Master/serial-subdirectories.make:53:
internal-all] Error 2

Regards,
Patrick