R: A window manager written in objective-c: uroswm and gnustep support p

From: Alessandro Sangiuliano
Subject: R: A window manager written in objective-c: uroswm and gnustep support problems
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 09:31:35 +0000

Hello,
you need to install XCBKit and uroswm here:

https://github.com/AlessandroSangiuliano/uroswm

In the README file there are some installation and testing instructions.

There are no configuration steps.

You just clone the XCBKit and uroswm, install the dependencies suggested in the uroswm README file, then you install XCBKit and uroswm.

$: make
$: (sudo/su) make install

Despite the code grown really fast, however don't expect to use it as production window manager, it is too young and needs some work and EWMH ICCCM standards support. Actually has no cursor support so you will work all the time with the X11 "X" pointer.

When I'll have a good status in gnustep supporting, I will do a lot of code cleaning, probably a second rework.

Each distribution could have renamed the libraries slighty different, on ubuntu we are talking about libxcb, on manjaro (ARCH Linux) we are talking about xcb. You need to install the -dev counterparts for each library too.

Have fun,

Alex.