Re: Using GnuStep on a day to day basis, strange basic bugs

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Using GnuStep on a day to day basis, strange basic bugs
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 01:36:58 +0100

Hello Tomaž, Svetlana,

I hope that my advice about checking the default applications and types helped
you out. For  Tomaž it is just a matter of things using right. For Svetlana,
installation and plists need to be checked, since it is strange.

However, giving the advice to "show" what kind of documents an applications
opens in the inspector made me look at the code again. Since ever, GWorkspace
displayed "RTFD" but not the classic "RTF"... the same goes for Grr where some
kinds where not displayed.
Furthermore, maybe you noticed, for certain application no types&icons were
displayed at all!

I think the code was not right, trying to de-duplicate extensions and icons. It
took me two attempts, but I rewrote it so that all known extensions are
displayed and if an Icon is supplied, it is displayed, otherwise not, but the
extension is still listed.
This is much more user-friendly: it gives the complete information about the
App capabilities.

Try & Enjoy.

Riccardo