Re: GSPdf cannot open PDF documents

From: Edwin Ancaer
Subject: Re: GSPdf cannot open PDF documents
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 17:29:30 +0200

Riccardo,

Can you give me the link or the command to download the latest version of GSPdf?

The little SVN- knowledge I had has been rusting away, I'm afraid.

Kind regards,

Edwin

On Mon, 29 Mar 2021, 23:30 Riccardo Mottola, <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
Hi Edwin!

Edwin Ancaer wrote:
> Is GSPdf correctly configured to your gs binary? Of course not. GSPdf
> looked for GhostScript in /usr/bin, FreeBSD installs it in /usr/local/bin.
>
> GSPdf is working fine now.

wonderful! Still, the exception should work.... and the whole handling
was sub-par.

If you bear compiling from svn, please checkout latest GSPdf (or I can
make you a tarball available) and test on your FreeBSD system. With the
wrong path, you should get a proper Alert panel. How do the exceptions
show in the console?
I tested on Linux and with the GCC runtime and it works (that is,
non-existent binaries do not go unnoticed now)

Thanks
Riccardo