Re: GNUstep - libobjc2 compile error

From: Frederik Seiffert
Subject: Re: GNUstep - libobjc2 compile error
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 14:53:16 +0200

Hi Bob,

libobjc2 currently doesn’t support MinGW. There has been work trying to get it
to work, but it’s currently blocked on figuring out the C++ exception handling
integration under MinGW. You can follow the efforts here:
https://github.com/gnustep/libobjc2/pull/190

Alternatively, if you just want a working Objective-C environment on Windows
with Foundation (but currently not AppKit / gnustep-gui), you can build GNUstep
using the Microsoft toolchain instead of MinGW using these scripts, which will
use Clang and libobjc2:
http://github.com/gnustep/tools-windows-msvc

If you give these scripts a try feel free to let me know if you run into any
issues.

Frederik