Re: [DMCA-Activists] SSSCA introduced to Senate

From: Jonathan Watterson
Subject: Re: [DMCA-Activists] SSSCA introduced to Senate
Date: 22 Mar 2002 13:09:19 -0500

OK everybody, we're in full-steam-ahead action mode about this new bill.
Everyone call both your senators. Look up their phone numbers here:
http://www.senate.gov/contacting/index.cfm

The name of the bill is Consumer Broadband & Digital TV Promotion Act.
(Thanks, Matt.)

It is Senate Bill # 2048.

Explain to the staffer that

* You are a voter in your senator's state.
* The CBDTPA will protect Hollywood at the expense of the computer
industry; it will neuter computers.
* The CBDTPA will make it difficult or impossible to use computers to
create your own art (like home-recorded music or film).
* The CBDTPA will, in spite of the best efforts of lawmakers to the
contrary, certainly limit our fair-use rights to use content as we see
fit. This is because technology can never be as subtle as the law.

Write a letter or send a fax if you want to. Paper always trumps email
with lawmakers.