[DMCA-Activists] Website writing help

From: Jonathan Watterson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Website writing help
Date: 03 Apr 2002 15:04:44 -0500

Dear friends,

I'm writing to recruit some help with the digitalspeech.org website.

I don't think I've so far done a very good job summarizing the issues in
an easy-to-understand postcard fashion, and I don't have time to
re-write this soon so I hope someone can help with this. I need

1. a clear summary of the DMCA
2. a clear summary of the CBDTPA (the Hollings bill)

Both should be in the 1000-word ballpark, addressed to a non-technical
audience, and explain what this is and why we should care about it.

Anything I receive will probably be edited, and may be mixed with
someone else's writing or my own. However, your work will be credited.

If you have the time, please just write something and send it to me.
Don't worry if it's rough, I can edit it.

Thanks very much in advance,

Jonathan Watterson                                Digital Freedom Organizer
http://digitalspeech.org                        Free Software Foundation

Give to the Digital Speech Project:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?p=.dsp0&m=jono%40digitalspeech.org