[DMCA-Activists] Re: 'No conflict' as MS hires top IT Eurocrat

From: Patrizio Menchetti
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Re: 'No conflict' as MS hires top IT Eurocrat
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:21:49 +0100

On 27 Nov 2002 at 17:27, address@hidden wrote:

> (Forwarded from DMCA Discussion list)

I am not a Redmond friend, but to my eyes this approach seems strongly biased.
Admittedly, I am in a very specific situation of Brussels "old hand", as I
started as a
trainee in the Commission's Directorate-General for Competition (then DG IV)
seventeen years ago, and since then I have been dealing dealing with Brussels
in all
my professional career as a lawyer, both in-house and in private practice. I
inter alia
have acted as consultant of Dg Comp in telecoms matters as well as to Dg
Infsoc, and
to Dg Enterprise. I am also a member of the Legal Advisory Board of Dg Infsoc
as an
independent expert. That said, everybody with a minimal understanding of the
turf
boundaries (and wars) of the various Directorates-General in the European
Commission knows that jurisdiction for antitrust matters is with
Directorate-General for
Competition and not with Directorate-General Information Society, regardless of
job
descriptions.

Patrizio Menchetti
Avvocato