Re: [DMCA-Activists] NY Fair Use on the Broadcast Flag

From: horrorvacui
Subject: Re: [DMCA-Activists] NY Fair Use on the Broadcast Flag
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 00:39:38 +0100

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 16:18:27 -0500
Ruben Safir <address@hidden> wrote:

> Except your not NY Fair Use
>
> NY Fair Use is at
> fairuse.nylxs.com and is a sub-committee of NYLXS.
>
> Ruben
>
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 03:52:59PM -0500, Seth Johnson wrote:
> >
> > PDF version of following:
> >
> > > http://rm.nyfairuse.org/flag/extdoc/NPRM 02-231 Reply Comments.pdf

WE'VE GOT THE BLOODY PICTURE!!!!! Even though I couldn't care less, I know
that Seth Johnson isn't NY Fair Use (or whatever) and that you probably
are it... Pray, gentlemen, let's hear about it no more. I'm no activist,
I'm just an interested (and sympathetic) observer, I want to see what's
happening, get some information you don't get elsewhere, eventually I
might get involved too... Instead, I get involved into some emotional
dispute I have not the slightest idea what it's all about, can't make out
who's who and which NY or New Yorkers are for fair use or whatnot. I just
have a slight notion that the two groups and their members have basically
similar goals but (possibly just slightly) different views. Seen from the
outside (my position), it reminds of the bizarre disputes fractions,
sub-fractions and sub-sub-fractions of '68 led, where you were required to
know your Marx, Lenin, Trotsky & Stalin by heart to make out what it's all
about, and in consequence never could. So you didn't care about either.

Sorry about the yelling, but it finally got the better part of me. I know,
there probably is a legitimate wish to make a distinction, you have the
right not to be confused with those you rather wouldn't be confused with,
only it's annoying. It isn't spam, but it reminds me of it by establishing
itself as an overpowering and inevitable fact of life: like a scratch to
an itch, there's a b to every a, there's 20% spam in my mailbox every day,
we're all going to die, and when Seth writes Ruben will answer (or vice
versa, or whatever). Unnecessarily, without doubt - I can't because I
don't care, but those who care will certainly be able to tell Ruben from
Seth and vice versa.

Cheers

--
Horror Vacui