[DMCA-Activists] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] MS Windows Update is Spyware

From: Jay Sulzberger
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] MS Windows Update is Spyware
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 03:10:10 -0500 (EST)

There are of course laws against this.  Microsoft is not exempt from these
laws.  Microsoft has some money.  They should be prosecuted for their
crimes, and they should be sued for money damages.

This particular massive wiretapping is part of a long pattern of repeated
crimes, including extortion.  Microsoft should be prosecuted under the
criminal conspiracy statutes and other laws, and the company dissolved.

That the mass market press has not reported this as a large scale crime is
part of why the Continued Actions for Refunds is so important.  If we
cannot create a more free market in operating systems for low cost home and
business computers Palladium will be imposed with hardly a peep.  Without a
more free market, the newpapers and CompUSA and Dell and IBM and Toshiba
will say "Well, you really have no choice, everybody knows this.  You must
run only Microsoft OSes on low cost computers.  After all, you cannot even
buy a low cost computer running anything else.  Sure, all of have concerns
about Palladium, but what can you do?  None of us have any choice in what
OS we run.".

http://www.windowsrefund.net

Trial date is 23 April 2003, in the Queens County Courthouse, Small Claims
Court.

oo--JS.