[DMCA-Activists] Speak Out Against Media Consolidation

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Speak Out Against Media Consolidation
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:01:33 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: "Linda Foley, TNG-CWA President" <address@hidden>
Date: 02 Sep 2003 19:39:51 -0000
Subject: Speak Out Against Media Consolidation

In June, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) changed five
important media ownership rules, giving more power to giant media
moguls and ignoring the overwhelming voice of Americans who want to
keep current rules in place. Congress has the ability to correct this
injustice.

We need your help. Please click on the link below to send a message to
your members of Congress on this important issue.
> http://www.unionvoice.org/campaign/fcc_amendments/i8ug87z05wb6

The ability for Americans to have unfettered access to diverse points
of view through the media is particularly important to us here at CWA.
The recent politically motivated FCC rule changes voted in on June 2,
2003 by Chairman Powell and the Commission's Republican majority
showed a callous disregard for the view of tens of thousands of
Americans who expressed their opinions through the public comment
process.

The Commission's action in contravention to the overwhelming public
outcry aggravated members of Congress and set off a firestorm of
controversy across America. In response, Congress introduced several
pieces of legislation designed to reverse the Commission's actions.

Now that members of Congress have returned from August recess, they
are expected to act on this media ownership legislation immediately.

It is important for all of us to make it clear to our elected
officials that we want the June 2nd rulings by the FCC reversed. Send
your message today.

> http://www.unionvoice.org/campaign/fcc_amendments/i8ug87z05wb6

In Unity,

Linda Foley