[DMCA-Activists] FightThePatent.com

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] FightThePatent.com
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 15:07:11 -0400

(Forwarded from Patents list)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Patents] Patent (abuse) cases ie. Acacia, SightSound, USA Video
Date: Sat,  6 Sep 2003 21:10:46 +0200 (CEST)
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden

Greetings,

With this post, I have officially joined this group.

Outraged at Acacia Research's tactics of sending "information packets" to a
wide range of companies from adult websites to schools and universities,
over their interpretation of patent infringement, I created
http://www.FightThePatent.com to bring awareness and search for prior art.

My current focus of internet activism is over these 3 current companies that
have broad claims to owning the patent to the streaming/downloading of
audio/video files from a (web) server.

I am currently a "one man" show, giving up my consulting time to spend 50+
hours a week for the last 3 weeks in contacting the "internet greats" to ask
for assistance in finding prior art.

I am completely independent, and providing a very biased viewpoint on the
articles that I write for my site.

I look to expand the search for prior art and generation of awareness of
other patent abuse cases (issues covered in this mailing list), as I am able
to expand the scope of my site.  I do have some plans underway to create a
non-profit organization whose charter is to help uncover prior art in a
novel and altruistic manner (news on this will come later on).

I invite the members of this list to visit my website and to contact me if
you have some insights into the patent abuse cases that I am tracking.

I also look to be a participant in discussions since my quest for patent
abuse information takes me on so many different  paths.

-brandon

http://www.FightThePatent.com
Get Informed, Get Mad, Get Active.. Fight The Patent!