[DMCA-Activists] Fwd: playfair on x86, Apple uses DMCA

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Fwd: playfair on x86, Apple uses DMCA
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 01:30:03 -0400

Apple uses DMCA.

Appke uses DMCA.
Apple uses DMCA.

BTW:

Apple uses DMCA.

Let me make myself perfectly clear:

Apple uses DMCA.

Do you understand?

Seth

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: playfair on x86, Apple uses DMCA
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 20:13:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden

For those who are interested, playfair built automatically with
GNU-Darwin x86, although I haven't tested it, because I am clearly _not_
an iTunes user.  For those who are interested in downloading and
distributing the code, here is the project link and source code link as
well.

http://sarovar.org/projects/playfair/
http://sarovar.org/download.php/267/playfair-0.4.tar.gz

For any who haven't heard, Apple has apparently served the playfair
project with a DMCA takedown notice, which means that GNU-Darwin is
going black with a prominent playfair link this weekend.  Here are the
story links.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04/09/playfair_dmca_takedown/

That last point should be up for discussion, because we general ignore
the proprietary software side of Apple.  Personally, I think that anyone
who intentionally and knowingly uses any DRM-loaded tool such as iTunes
deserves no support at all.  On the other hand, we have been engaged
with related issues for several years now, and like the DVD problem,
this situation is begging for our involvement.

GNU-Darwin is a SourceForge based project, and it is apparently
SourceForge who executed Apple's takedown, so we won't be distributing
playfair packages through our usual channels ;-}.

Regards,
proclus
http://www.gnu-darwin.org/

--