[DMCA-Activists] Fwd: Copyright Lessons in British Schools

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Fwd: Copyright Lessons in British Schools
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 12:12:11 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: copyright lessons in british schools
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 13:25:43 +0200
From: "Andres K. Foerster" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Hello,

when I first read that britisch school kids should get education in
copyright law, I first thought "wow great, at least they learn something
reasonable". But then I followed the link and I saw what it really is
about... it's all influenced by the music industry - and now guess in which
direction it goes. :-(

see:
'Stealing songs is wrong' lessons head for UK schools
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/05/uk_school_copyright_lessons/>

Open Letter Against British Copyright Indoctrination in Schools:
<http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/8/5/151113/8977>

And before someone asks a stupid question: Of course it has to do with
software - it's the same copyight law. Anything you can say about
downloading music also applies to downloading software. (There is just less
good free music yet than there is free software)

--
AKFoerster
(I need a job!)