[DMCA-Activists] Call The BSA Weasel A Name (was Re: Copyright Crusaders

From: Seth Finkelstein
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Call The BSA Weasel A Name (was Re: Copyright Crusaders Hit Schools)
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 06:12:37 -0500

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 04:45:52PM -0400, Seth Johnson wrote:

> (Did the BSA really pick a weasel for a mascot?  -- Seth)

        Yes. Take a look at:

http://www.playitcybersafe.com/kids/index.cfm

        Shifty-looking creature. It looks like something which would
be one of the "Beagle Boys" (a criminal gang in Disney comics). Anyway:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/13/weasel_contest/

Competition: The Business Software Alliance's plans to name their
weasel mascot by holding a competition for school children has
obviously moved you, our beloved readers. Such a quantity of emails
flooded into Vulture Central that we felt it our duty to respond with
immediate action.

Accordingly, we have decided that we will hold a little naming
competition of our own, and will send the winning suggestion to the
BSA and insist that they adopt it forthwith or face legal action.

Here are some suggestions to get your minds working on this one, taken
from today's letters bag:

       Popgoes (the weasel)
       Rip-off Rat
       Money-hungry mink
       Subpoena Skunk

You get the idea.

Email your suggestions to us here and we'll get the poll up next week.

--
Seth Finkelstein  Consulting Programmer  address@hidden  http://sethf.com
Interview: http://grep.law.harvard.edu/article.pl?sid=03/12/16/0526234