[DMCA-Activists] NY Arena: 9/5 Broadcast Flag Outreach Results

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] NY Arena: 9/5 Broadcast Flag Outreach Results
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:37:11 -0400

This Sunday, September 5, two NY Fair Use volunteers spent an
hour doing street outreach on Union Street in Brooklyn, NY,
between 6th and 7th Avenue, recruiting volunteers to help build
the strength of the information freedom struggle.

We approached approximately 50 passers-by with a pitch to call
Congress to review the FCC's broadcast flag ruling.  Out of these
approaches, 8 people volunteered for various volunteer roles.
That gives us a parity rate of 18%.  An additional 6 subscribed
to the fairuse-talk list.  7 of these contacts volunteered for
Online Outreach, where we brainstorm and search for
constituencies online and pitch them to join in the action.

We used the same pitch from last weekend; this time we set up a
table with posters.

Seth Johnson