[DMCA-Activists] PK Alert: Tell Your Senators to Oppose "The Intellectua

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] PK Alert: Tell Your Senators to Oppose "The Intellectual Property Protection Act"
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:59:33 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Public Knowledge] Lame Duck Alert: Tell Your Senators
to Oppose "The Intellectual Property Protection Act"
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 00:01:32 -0500
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden

TAKE ACTION => http://www.publicknowledge.org/action/IPPA2391

The last time we sent out an action, it was your response that
helped hold off a group of consumer-unfriendly bills.  You
remember, these were the bills that rewrote copyright law that
could make you a criminal for the way you use iTunes and WiFi,
and changed how you are permitted to watch TV or DVDs in your own
home.  Well, it's after the election, and the Senate is holding a
lame duck session in an effort to pass what they could not
before.  This means, just like a Hollywood horror film, many
bills are back from the dead.  To get them passed, the content
industry may try to put all their eggs in one basket and pass one
big "omnibus" bill, or they could hitch the bills individually to
other bills that have momentum.  Regardless, you voiced your
concerns before, and we need you to do it again.  Things are
moving fast, so tell your Senators now that you oppose H.R. 2391,
the omnibus "Intellectual Property Protection Act," both as a
whole and in its parts, and ask them to not allow it to come to
the Senate floor for a vote.

Please forward this action widely. If we can stop this bill it
will be a huge victory that no bad copyright law passed in the
108th Congress.

thank you,

Public Knowledge

TAKE ACTION => http://www.publicknowledge.org/action/IPPA2391