dolibarr-foundation-board

Re: [Dolibarr-foundation-board] Some feedback why Dolibarr was not selec

From: Cyrille de Lambert
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-foundation-board] Some feedback why Dolibarr was not selected for Google Summer of code 2012
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 19:19:07 +0100

Hi Eldy,

For next year, I think it would be nice to collect ideas within the community.
Between us, we could develop something very rich.
In my case, I have lots of ideas ...

Regard

Le 23/03/2012 19:00, Laurent Destailleur (eldy) a écrit :

Hi, I had a chat with google summer of code to have information on how to be better for next Google Summer of code.

This is short log of speak :

Dolibarr|eldy 18:23:28
Idea page: http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Google_Summer_of_Code_Ideas_2012

carols 18:23:44
so looking at your application it looks like the ideas page was our main issue. i like that you have information about each idea, but we really need more quantity there.
i realize you're probably a small org, but we want a wide variety of things available to the students. 18:23:59
_marioh s'est déconnecté (Ping timeout: 244 seconds) 18:24

Dolibarr|eldy 18:24:07
It's what i understood from previous feeedback with other project.

carols 18:24:12
yeah.

carols 18:24:26
your application looks good. i appreciate that you'll have a backup mentor for every project
that's good. 18:24:28
its really about the number of ideas available to the students. 18:24:39

Dolibarr|eldy 18:24:52
It was our first participation, and we did not provide a lot of idea because we would like "good" idea only and limit things on purpose

carols 18:25:01
i would encourage you to find more possible projects for your ideas page and try again next year.

Dolibarr|eldy 18:25:05
now i know it was not a good idea.

carols 18:25:11
keep the ideas formatting the same, just add more

Dolibarr|eldy 18:25:34
we have tons of idea. It was just on purpose we limit them. So it will be easy to fix this next year

carols 18:25:39
great

carols 18:25:41
glad to hear it
please do try again next year. 18:25:45

Dolibarr|eldy 18:26:01
is there something else (feedback) or only the number of idea ?

carols 18:26:21
that was really all of it. unfortunately these gsoc applications can turn on just one thing.

carols 18:26:26
and in your case, it was that.
the rest of your application looks good. 18:26:32

Dolibarr|eldy 18:26:38
I understand.

carols 18:26:41
please keep the quality up for next year.

Dolibarr|eldy 18:26:49
Thanks very much. And see you ... next year

--
AUGURIA
Cyrille de Lambert