dominion-discuss

[Dominion-discuss] splitting interface and game engine

From: Roland Spatzenegger
Subject: [Dominion-discuss] splitting interface and game engine
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 19:38:58 +0200

Hi,
during my studies I played sometimes conquer. I always thought it would be a greate game with a graphical gui. Last month I found dominion, almost the same game, with terminal ui and GPL. I would already have started, but there is a problem: I am a java developer and joining C with java would be hard (esp. if the application has no clean seperation between the 3-layers ui, business, data). I think with technologies like ICE (http://www.zeroc.com/) and some 2d-game framework it could be possible. I'm not sure it would be easier to start from the beginning and use only the game-logic for the new program.
bye
Roland