Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU task list

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU task list
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:32:09 +0530

If memory serves me right, Sarath B Nair wrote:
> 1. Server should make no assumption about the client except that it is
> dotGNU compliant.
> 3. I should be able to code my program as i wish using C#(or something),
> maybe at best separate processing from presentation layer.
> 4. I should not be able to crash the server :-)

        You are making a small misjudgement here. It is obvious that you are
talking about Thin Client stuff here. We were talking about applications
that operate like Java Applets . The UI is downloaded from the server
and run using the SEE "sandbox", and the processing is done remotely.
Eg a Secure login application which hashes your password before going
online.... Auth is done remotely.
(seem too much like Applet + RMI in a new bottle)

<<dream>>
Maybe we may even have a DEE which will allow the SEE in your PC to
upload and run the processing layer in the Server's SEE and get the
result back and give to your UI layer. Sort of transparent RPC between
program tiers.

The security and trust aspects of that when we have a SEE/DEE.
<<wakeup>>

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success