Re: [DotGNU]One Runtime to Bind Them All

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]One Runtime to Bind Them All
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 18:51:34 +1000

Bill Lance wrote:

> A discussion of the limits to the CLR
>
> http://www.javalobby.org/clr.html

I really don't know what point the author was trying to
get across.  Every limitation that he described also
exists in the JVM or is worse.  Interesting nonetheless.

Anyway, one interesting tidbit is apparently someone
has already written an IL -> Java converter!

http://www.halcyonsoft.com/

It claims to take the IL and convert it into Java source
to be compiled with Java tools.  It outputs source, not
JVM bytecode.  I didn't download it: I stopped at the
registration page.  Any company that asks me to register
to download their code makes me suspicious.

Cheers,

Rhys.