Re: [DotGNU]Java class loader in pnet

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Java class loader in pnet
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:08:19 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> It is now possible to load the method code using the
> "ILMethodGetCode" function, and to access the Java
> constant pool with a number of "ILJavaGetXXX"
> functions that are declared in "il_program.h".
> Exceptions and field/method references aren't done
> yet, but will be soon.
<SNIP FROM="pnet/ildasm/ildasm_java.c">
                        case IL_OPCODE_ARGS_TOKEN:
                        case IL_OPCODE_ARGS_NEW:
                        {
                                /* TODO */
                        }
                        break;
</SNIP>
        I was looking thru the code when I stumbled on this thing.
There were 2 things which struck me as strange....

        * Why are we using ILImage * parameter ?
        * How do I get an ILClass from the passed ILImage ?

The question is , can I arbritarily choose a class from
the ILImage using the ILImageNextToken(ILmage*,IL_META_TOKEN_TYPE_DEF,0) ?

        If that is OK, then it's a short step to dumping the TOKEN
and NEW args (using the ILClass->ext stuff.....). Also I imagine
we'll be dumping stuff as it is ie java/lang/System/out style...

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success