Re: [DotGNU]Grid Architecture Blueprint Builds On Web Services

From: Derek Lewis
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Grid Architecture Blueprint Builds On Web Services
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 02:15:46 +0000

Hi,

More on this, but with a slighty more combative spin.
   http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,50538,00.html

I would be interested in what people think about this approach.

Are there any holes in the strategy driving this initiative;
i.e. taking an approach designed for compute intensive research
projects and reworking it for use as a Webservice infrastructure?

Does the security model look okay?

Any comments on the Globus Toolkit licence,
Globus Toolkit Public License (GTPL)?
  http://www.globus.org/toolkit/download/license.html

Don't worry, I am not an OpenSauce advocate. ;-)

>Platform's commercial release of the toolkit
>includes the same tools that allow
>companies to start building their own Grid
>infrastructures but it also features full
>documentation and technical support.
>Platform Globus will be available in March.

Well the FULL documentation is not free.

Bill Lance wrote:

> A discussion of Webservices as a framework for Grid
> computing.
>
> http://www.gridcomputingplanet.com/news/article/0,,3281_973221,00.html

Cheers,
Derek