[DotGNU]Attn: pnetlib contributors

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Attn: pnetlib contributors
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:12:37 +1000

Hi all,

I'm back on deck this week, after taking a short break to
recuperate from a year of non-stop pnet hacking.  I'm
hoping to clean out the backlog of patches and bug reports
on Savannah by week's end.

I'm going to open up the CVS server for pnetlib for other
people to get commit rights.  This should should help
accelerate development of pnetlib in the short term.

If you have been working on pnetlib classes, then please
contact me with your Savannah ID.  You will need to
set up CVS for developer access, which is slightly different
to anonymous CVS access.  See Savannah for details:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=353

You will also need to agree to the Copyright and coding
guidelines in pnetlib's HACKING file, and to commit correct
ChangeLog entries so we know who did what.  I reserve
the right to toss out anyone who doesn't follow the rules,
so be nice. :-)

I realise that compiling pnetlib is currently a pain, so
testing is equally a pain.  I propose to throw pnetlib
open to any contributions, even if they don't compile,
for the next few weeks, and then we'll bang through
the bugs in one hit once I get pnet's C# compiler
working.

The most important thing right now is to get as much
code on the ground as possible in the shortest time
we can.  Consider it a challenge. :-)

Cheers,

Rhys.