Re: [DotGNU]Contributing to Pnetlib (Was :Let me introduce myself)

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Contributing to Pnetlib (Was :Let me introduce myself)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:36:18 +0530

Unfortunately it's one of my obsessions to get a community around Pnet.
> My name is Peter Minten, I'm currently working on some pnetlib classes.
    Which classes are you working on ?. Or if you are thinking of starting
pick one of the [TODO] methods in Pnetlib. People like yours truly are
waiting for pnetlib to start compiling under pnet due to a strange
prejudice towards using M$ on my box. But I think for a good Java developer,
with a .NET beta on his box the pnetlib work is almost fun.

    Also if you get really involved, you might even get a CVS commit
access to pnetlib. (Rhys is giving them out for high scorin' prorammers)
> My exposure to .NET is limited to some articles in computer magazines
> and some info on the MSDN site about the new .NET tools and the ECMA
> standards.
    ECMA standards is what matters right now. We'll tackle M$ standards,
but later. So if you are readng ECMA specs, you're on the right track.
Also pnetlib contains a HACKING file.
> "Using Linux is like walking over a ray of bricks, not as beautiful, but
> a lot more substantial than light."
    Hey !. I heard this with a "rainbow of bricks" in it.

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success