Re: [DotGNU]java assembler, alpha version

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]java assembler, alpha version
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 20:31:10 +0530

If memory serves me right, Sylvain Pasche wrote:
> It is far from complete now, and because the linker is not java-aware yet,
> cscc won't work out of the box, you'll have to use ilasm directly.

I patched in your files and found that it rocked !!! WOW !...
It is popular knowledge that I had been evading the jvm assembler
work for long ... So accept thanks especially from me ... ;-)

> There are more infos in the comments there. As mentionned, comments
> about code design/improvements, are welcome.
>
> Have fun :-)

Having fun with the generated .class files ... Figuring how to compile
a mini-mscorlib into Java .. The issue seems to be Object ... it generates
'0' as the SuperClass index in the constant pool ... Must be easy to override
, right ? . And the namespace issue of 'System'.'String' and all that must
be solved (I'm sure Rhys will invent something ingenious for that ...)

Waiting for Rhys to integrate this officially to start "really" playing
around with this thing. Also solve the issue of how to provide the pnetlib
for Java ....

Gopal