[DotGNU]Pnetlib compiles and RUNS pnet/samples (was: Forking pnetlib and

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]Pnetlib compiles and RUNS pnet/samples (was: Forking pnetlib and moving on)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:05:28 +0530

(- I'm writing this is in a half dream delirium , please
        ignore the nonsense as needed -)

If memory serves me right, Gopal V wrote:
> Get Pnetlib building with CSCC
> ------------------------------
>
>     Let me get this straight, this is my ultimate and total
> aim right now .

> ... We're almost to the top of the hill and the climb's getting steeper.

Since sending this mail I clocked 18 hours before my little box here ...
and I'm sure Jonathan Springer has done none less...

But this is official, folks

*drumroll*

"PNETLIB COMPILES WITH CSCC" !!....

And I'm not talking about "Just compiling it", I even managed to get
all the pnet/samples running just as it should !!!.

Sure there are errors all over the plce , but does that matter ?...
Not a bit .. pnetlib compiles !!! WOOOHOOOO ....

Wait a minute, I didn't fix cscc all the way ... But changing 5 lines
to compile 27,572 is a good bargain ... A lot of codegen bugs remain
still and we'll tackle them together ! ... So Who's moving in ?.

(no luck with pnetmark,XSharp... but dotgnu.xml still works *amazing* ..)

> good or the obvious solution to the problem is fixing cscc ..
> But unfortunately we lack the skill to proceed on it in a short
> period.

I admit it ... I was WRONG ... totally WRONG ... I underestimated
my fellow developers and even myself. Jonathan Springer has been
the key figure around whom this turnaround has happened ... But
it has happened :-)

For the experimentalists , get pnet CVS HEAD .. get pnetlib
patch in as shown in the attachd file ... (5 lines really).

Gopal
--
 " You have replaced morailty and conscience with the law. "
                                 -- Frank Herbert (Dune Messiah)