Re: [DotGNU]Portability update

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portability update
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 21:21:48 +0530

If memory serves me right, Thong (Tum) Nguyen wrote:
> > I just can't imagine how much thought Rhys would have put into design
> and
> > implementation of Portable .NET, to make it really portable.
>

> I agree.  I've been very impressed with the design of Portable .NET.

Except the peices of the compiler I have messed up (MarcusU: remember
using statement ;-)

> ATM, IMO, it is better designed, tidier and more stable than Mono :).

No comparisons please ... I don't think this list needs another one of
those long threads :)

> Rhys has done a brilliant job.

Yes, amazing ... and mostly in textbook precision (reading through the
code, you'll see lots of references to textbooks for algorithms...)

Gopal