Re: Fwd: RE: [DotGNU] NSIS Win32 installer - PNET (ex-RE: [DotGNU]Fwd: R

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: [DotGNU] NSIS Win32 installer - PNET (ex-RE: [DotGNU]Fwd: Re: PNET)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:28:55 +0200 (CEST)

> Robert Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I think we are having the same problem as before with
> > 403 errors on the URLs for the Windows installers.
> > When you get a chance could you check this out.
>
> File permissions fixed... my next step will be to figure out why

I've come to the conclusion that your scp client is telling the
server what permissions to create the file with... if you're doing
the copying from a GNU/Linux or other unix machine, it will tell
the server to create the file with the same permissions as it has
on your machine.  The important thing is to give the file "read"
permission for "other", then the webserver can read it... so if
in the future you chmod 0644 all files before you scp them to the
server I think it should all work fine.

Greetings, Norbert.

P.S. The URLS are

http://download.freedom.biz/contrib/bobj/PNET-0-5-10-Installer-Complete.exe