Re: [DotGNU]What's this error?

From: DrDiettrich
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]What's this error?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:28:13 +0200

Rhys Weatherley wrote:

> I've committed the fix to the CVS server.  The problem was using
> "mscorlib.dll" instead of "mscorlib" in the argument to "Assembly.Load".
> This caused it to try to load "mscorlib.dll" a second time, causing dynamic
> linking errors.

Stupid me, I didn't realize that this call was part of all non-working
code :-(

Thanks for the prompt response :-)

I have just removed the ".dll" from the call, which makes the error
disappear, but then FindType doesn't find anything. Have you tested
FindType.cs with the updated library? I'll try now to find out more
about the sample code, and notify you when I find more problems.

There seems to exist at least one more problem, with testAssy.Location
or Path, the retrieved directory string seems to be empty.

I also couldn't use Debug.Assert. The ECMA HTML docs only show
ConditionalAttribute in the System.Diagnostics namespace, so I'm
somewhat confused about what really should be implemented in that
namespace. The pnetlib source code at least implements a lot more. This
leads me to more questions:

Should we implement everything what MS has implemented in .NET, so that
all .NET programs will run on pnet?

How to add MS extensions to the pnetlib? Shouldn't we separate the
source code for all extensions from the standard, e.g. in separate
subdirectories?

DoDi