Re: [DotGNU]pnetC on OS X

From: Mario D . Santana
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]pnetC on OS X
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:56:49 -0400

OK, played around with pnetC/libc/ctype/wctype.c and found the following. The relevant errors are:

../../include/stddef.h:42: parse error, expecting an identifier or `(' or `*' or `;', at or near `"long long"' ../../include/stddef.h:58: parse error, expecting an identifier or `(' or `*' or `;', at or near `"unsigned int"'

lines 42 and 58 of stddef.h are:
  typedef __PTRDIFF_TYPE__        ptrdiff_t;
  typedef __WINT_TYPE__           wint_t;

Using -E seems to expand these to:
  typedef "long long" ptrdiff_t;
  typedef "unsigned int" wint_t;

Strange quotes, I thought, so I ran cscc on wctype.c again, with -D__PTRDIFF_TYPE__='long long' and -D__WINT_TYPE__='unsigned int' and it seemed to work. Looking for the definition of __PTRDIFF_TYPE__ and __WINT_TYPE__ yielded nothing to my tired eyes. Hopefully this is enough for fresher minds to pinpoint the problem? It would sure be nice to be able to work on my laptop again.

Cheers!

mds